We hereby petition Congress to amend the current debt-collection rules by adding the following provisions:
- Increase the penalty for violations of debt-collection rules from the current $1,000 to $10,000 for each violation.
- Ban all collection activities on debt that is older than the relevant statute of limitations.
- Raise the requirements necessary to file a lawsuit on credit-card debt.
- Require collection agencies to provide clear and understandable history of debt.
- Require all collection agencies to be licensed.
- Require all collectors to be licensed.
- Require an annual compliance audit for all collection agencies.
- Allow consumers to record telephone calls from collection agencies.
|By clicking on the “Sign” button below, you are adding your electronic signature to the petition described on this web page. You may not submit this form on behalf of others, and duplicate submissions from the same person are not allowed. Thank you for your support.|
|We (BartmannBlog.com) will not use your mailing or email address for marketing purposes or to contact you in any way.|
|Complete the fields below and click ‘Sign’. Optional fields may be completed or left blank. * - required fields|